Sunday, April 22, 2012

Meet Mark Rosenbaum at New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival 2012

I just got in from a shoot with Mark Rosenbaum at his Rosetree Blown Glass studio. Mark and his wife Brenda will be exhibiting and selling their studio's art glass at this year's New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
With the f and Google+ links below, please share with your friends this post about one of the coolest artists (in one of the hottest studios :) in the Big Easy.

One of this year's Jazz Fest creations honors the continuing legacy
of second line parades and Mardi Gras Indians.


(From my book, "Passionate New Orleans")
"Here’s what can happen in a Passionate Place™ when we are open to serendipity. Algiers Point is an enclave just across the Mississippi River from downtown New Orleans. A 10-minute (free for pedestrians) ferry ride from the base of Canal Street will drop you off in the village-like community. I had heard about this special place and went over to check it out. Just before leaving I happened to turn around and saw what I thought was a mirage - in a residential neighborhood an art glassblowing studio and gallery! Well, this was too interesting to pass up so I walked over and within minutes made yet another likely friend for life.

Mark Rosenbaum welcomed me to the studio and, before long, we were planning the day I would hang out with him and his wife, Brenda. Mark wasted no time in making some phone calls and planning a full day of sharing “their” New Orleans with me."

Use your mouse to "Walk Around Inside" Rosetree Gallery.

Virtual tour photography by JStephenYoung.com

Check out this video I shot recently and watch Mark transform a glob of molten glass into a work of art.


LOOK STUNNING and LOVE your photographer... see JStephenYoung.com.

1 comment: