Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ernie Vincent & The Top Notes at Ogden After Hours, New Orleans

Two years ago, a visit to New Orleans culminated with a performance by Ernie Vincent and the Top Notes at John Blancher's Rock 'n' Bowl. In "Passionate New Orleans", my first book on the lives of locals in love with their town, I wrote, "For many reasons I've fallen for New Orleans. But this has to be the single-best example of what makes this city unlike any other in the world: - a Funk 'n' Blues band - a darn good funknblues band - in a bowling alley - on a Thursday night! And the scene is at least this good all over town EVERY night."
This was my introduction to Ernie Vincent and his band of musicians, "the Top Notes"
I went on to say, "If you're planning a long weekend in New Orleans, be sure to arrive on a Thursday and make your way to Rock 'n' Bowl. Do whatever you have to do to get there. It will start your visit off right." Now, two years later I learned one of my favorite local bands would be performing at The Ogden Museum for the regular Thursday evening Ogden After Hours. Ernie looks somewhat more trim and sounds great and his team of young musicians have matured and refined their styles significantly since I last heard them. Thank you guys (and Ogden's Libra Lagrone) for a great evening - Stephen







(video clip - 4 minutes of Funk n Blues loving - please pardon the shaky camera work - I was trying to capture everything from the front row with a not-so-wide angle lens :)



Feel free to use any of the BeyondBourbon images and share using the f and Google+ links below.

LOOK STUNNING and LOVE your photographer... see JStephenYoung.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment