Friday, June 1, 2012

New Orleans - An Evening at The Ogden Museum of Southern Art

One of the best culture and entertainment bargains in New Orleans is Thursday evenings at Ogden Museum of Southern Art. Ogden After Hours begins at 5:30pm with local musicians performing from 6-8pm. Since becoming a member with guest privileges of The Ogden, I have found it hard to resist the combination of an architecturally stunning space, powerful exhibitions, and on Thursday evenings, great local bands along with Miss Linda's Soul Food Catering and a cash bar.

But on Thursday, May 31 I was blown away by the captivating performance of "Kelcy Mae" and her band. Most After Hours I can be found enjoying a conversation with a new friend on the rooftop deck or checking out the exhibits while enjoying the live performance in the background. Not so this time. I found myself drawn to the front row within a few feet of this beautiful group of musicians.

Check out the video clips and look for me at The Ogden most Thursdays from 6-8pm. - Stephen
More about KelcyMae.



No comments:

Post a Comment